Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY Announce U.S. Headlining Tour
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

the PR wire wrote:
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY Announce U.S. Headlining Tour

Following a short batch of dates with Clutch in December, Raleigh, North Carolina legends CORROSION OF CONFORMITY are pleased to announce a U.S. headlining tour this March. Set to commence on March 1 at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City, the trek will hit 15 cities including two performances at this year's SXSW Music Conference in Austin. The band will be joined by Torche, Valient Thorr and A Storm Of Light.

Commented vocalist/bassist Mike Dean of the upcoming shows: "We think the lineup of music on this tour is really compatible without every band doing the same thing. We're really proud to be on this bill and touring on a new album."

As a precursor to the tour, the band will play one-off show with Hail!Hornet at the Orange Peel in Asheville, North Carolina on January 22. The special performance will coincide with a screening of Slow Southern Steel, the long-anticipated southern metal documentary produced by Rwake vocalist, CT.

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
w/ Hail!Hornet
1/22/2012 The Orange Peel – Asheville, NC

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
w/ Torche, Valient Thorr, A Storm Of Light
03/01/2012 Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
03/02/2012 Sonar - Baltimore, MD
03/03/2012 Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh, NC
03/05/2012 Grog Shop - Cleveland, OH
03/06/2012 Pyramid Scheme - Grand Rapids, MI
03/07/2012 Double Door - Chicago, IL
03/08/2012 Triple Rock - Minneapolis, MN
03/09/2012 Beaumont Club - Kansas City, MO
03/10/2012 Downtown Music Hall - Little Rock, AR
03/11/2012 Hi-Tone Café - Memphis, TN
03/12/2012 Trees - Dallas, TX
03/14/2012 SXSW - Austin, TX ! #
03/15/2012 SXSW - Austin, TX ! #
03/17/2012 One Eyed Jacks - New Orleans, LA #
03/18/2012 Zydeco - Birmingham, AL #

! = No Torche
# = No Valient Thorr

The U.S. run of dates will coincide with CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's self-titled full-length, set for North American release on February 28, 2012 via Candlelight Records. Recorded at Dave Grohl’s Studio 606 in Los Angeles, the 11-track offering was produced by the band in cooperation with long-time collaborator John Custer, mixed by John Lousteau (Foo Fighters) and sports artwork by Seldon Hunt (Melvins, High On Fire). Featuring the esteemed Animosity line-up of vocalist/bassist Mike Dean, guitarist Woody Weatherman, and drummer/vocalist Reed Mullin, the album’s release closes a six year recording gap and completes over a year of concentrated writing and recording for the band.

Post subject: Re: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY Announce U.S. Headlining Tour
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:22 pm 

Of course, no Denver. I don't even care about COC much, but I would like to see Torche again and A Storm of Light.

Post subject: Re: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY Announce U.S. Headlining Tour
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 pm 

Strange combination of bands...all arguably unique but none of them sound anything like the others. Regardless, I'll be in NYC on March 1st for this. Tickets aren't even on sale yet for that gig, I think.

Adam, I don't really care for COC either, not the stuff they'll be playing on this tour anyway. I like Pepper COC alright, not my favorite band or anything, but good every once in a while. Now Torche I love and have never seen, so I'm going for them. Valient Thorr I caught opening for Pentagram and could care less about. Most interested in finally hearing A Storm Of Light, though. I've heard good things.

Should be an interesting night with the vast differences in sounds.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]