Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne' Comes to Big Screen
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 am 
Site Admin

the PR wire wrote:
GOD BLESS OZZY OSBOURNE BRINGS THE STORY & MUSIC OF “THE PRINCE OF
DARKNESS” TO THE BIG SCREEN

NCM Fathom, Omniverse Vision & Eagle Rock Entertainment Present One-Night Event Featuring Candid Portrait by Jack Osbourne at More than 400 Movie Theaters Nationwide

http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/s ... Event_Page

NEW YORK, NY (August 11, 2011)–This August, audiences across the country will get an unrivalled look into the mind of legendary rock icon Ozzy Osbourne in God Bless Ozzy Osbourne, an exclusive in-theater Fathom event that will be broadcast to more than 400 movie theaters nationwide on Wednesday, August 24 and Monday, August 29 at 7:30 p.m. (local time). Shot over the course of three years, audiences will experience the life story of Ozzy, as seen through the eyes of his youngest child, producer/filmmaker, Jack Osbourne, who worked alongside directors Mike Fleiss and Mike Piscitelli.

During the documentary, Ozzy will recount his troubled youth, his early career with Black Sabbath and the impact of fame and addictions on his first marriage. Viewers will also witness the second chapter of his life as a family man with Sharon, during which his addictions grew to a frightening level, as well as hear Ozzy and his children explain his attempts at staying clean, ultimately resulting in more than five years of sobriety. Music fans will also see live performances from around the world, including rare behind the scenes clips of Ozzy on and off stage, in his dressing rooms pre-show, to his nights in a series of hotel rooms. Throughout God Bless Ozzy Osbourne, audiences are given an inside look into the life of a rock star, from the good times to the bad.

Tickets for God Bless Ozzy Osbourne are available at participating theater box offices and online at http://www.FathomEvents.com

For a complete list of theater locations and prices, visit the NCM Fathom website (theaters and participants are subject to change).

Presented by NCM Fathom, Omniverse Vision and Eagle Rock Entertainment, God Bless Ozzy Osbourne will be broadcast to nearly 400 select movie theaters across the country through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network http://www.nationalcinemedia.com/conten ... _Sheet.pdf

“This is the most honest portrait of my father. I set out to tell the truth - regardless of how raw it might be - and I think we accomplished just that,” said Jack Osbourne.

Ozzy Osbourne is a multi-platinum Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning musician. Osbourne's career has spanned four decades (as both a solo artist and as the lead singer of Black Sabbath) and his music is as relevant today as ever. Beyond his music career, Osbourne is an author (I AM OZZY, 2010), advice columnist (Sunday Times, London and Rolling Stone, America) and the first to have a celebrity-reality television program ("The Osbournes," which won a 2002 Primetime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Reality Program"). God Bless Ozzy Osbourne will relive the highs of his triumphs as well as his voyage to sobriety, which Ozzy regards as his greatest accomplishment.

“During this exclusive Fathom event, Ozzy’s son, Jack, will take the legion of Ozzy fans on an unbelievable journey experiencing a side of the music legend most have never seen,” said Dan Diamond, vice president of Fathom.

Post subject: Re: 'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne' Comes to Big Screen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm 

I Still think they should have kept the working title of The Wreckage Of My Past, but I'm still going to see this for sure. Yes, I know Ozzy is now a joke, his children are twats and his wife is an absolute cunt of the highest magnitude, but when I was 14 years old and listening to Blizzard and Diary, Ozzy was a friggin Untouchable God! I'll still put Diary up against any "hard rock" record released today (Hell, Sleep Covered Over The Moutain for Crying Out Loud!)

There's something about those bands that got you to love music where you'll ALWAYS give them a pass.

Looking forward to it.

Post subject: Re: 'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne' Comes to Big Screen
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:47 am 

I've always said that Ozzy is like God, because he's been around a long, long time, and his message is that he loves us all.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]