Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 114 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Spirit Caravan reunion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:26 pm 

Been rumored but I heard from a very reliable source that this is in fact going down in the next few months.

Loved the band in their day, changed my life really since I started travelling out of state to see them play then continued to see live music everywhere with renewed vigor. That said, I was skeptical of a reunion and now that it will occur I am honestly more curious than stoked. Should be interesting to see what develops...

Post subject: Re: Spirit Caravan reunion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 am 

I hope you're right but if the source isn't Wino himself I'm skeptical.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:14 pm 

Going to see Weed Is Weed tomorrow, I'll see what Sherman might be willing to say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:01 pm 

If it were me, I'd ask Gary.

I still love Sherm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm 

I guess I probably am stoked...

Last edited by H. H. Word on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 pm 

I've heard from a few different folks that Isom is tough to "live" with.
And, Sherman did mention the SC reunion when I saw Weed is Weed recently. BTW, they were really good!
(And, Isom plays guitar. If you are on this thread, you may already know that.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:50 pm 

We all share excitement at the thought of a Spirit Caravan reunion, no doubt there !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:18 pm 

If this is for real I hope they actually tour, not just do a fest gig or two.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 am 

Pound for pound, my favorite Wino project by a longshot. It will not be the same as 1999-2002, but nothing Wino has done (of the many things) has resonated the same way with me since then. Seeing the original players together again would be something,,, for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 am 

Always felt the Hidden Hand material was just as strong, damn shame that project broke up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 am 

I hope this happens, love Spirit Caravan - but I've heard as recently as a month ago that this won't happen, even though the rumors keep flying. I know this is chicken shit to say but I won't reveal sources but came from an insider who most likely would know.

I asked Sherman about it a year and a half ago and he was really optimistic about it at that time.

I've heard other interesting things about this through the years as well, and this one was within the past 12 months such as Henry was going to play drums - would have been Wino, Sherm, and Vasquez.

So I think until there is an official announcement from Wino and actual gigs are scheduled, I wouldn't hold my breath.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 pm 

There is money in my pocket that is theirs if they tour and make their way all the wayt to the west coast. I'll be leaving the show with vinyl, shirts, posters and anything they put on the table(just like the Sleep reunion tour). In 2001 I saw them at Brownies in NYC and it seared my mind.

A friend of mine told me Isolm would always hit on his girlfriend right in front of him whenever his band shared a bill with Spirit Caravan...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 pm 

^
I was at that Brownies show. Ahh, the good 'ole days!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 am 

Sherman announced it from the stage during his intro to Weed is Weed's set at SHoD Fest tonight. Gary said they are doing a couple of fests and a tour in Europe...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:23 am 

Yeah! Already put the bug in Nathan Carson's ear tonight that we (PDX) should be one of the "festivals" in the USA they play this year!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:52 am 

my spirit caravan collection is bigger than yours.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:17 pm 

I'm a fan of Spirit Caravan and I approve this message.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:43 pm 

I feel like every year there is a rumor that they are going to reunite. I stopped getting my hopes very high, but the good news is that even though there is virtually no chance that it will happen, a new rumor will probably start next year.

I will get things kicked off. I heard that they are going to headline Roadburn 2015!

(seriously hoping Wino makes me eat my words on this one)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 pm 

H. H. Word wrote:
Sherman announced it from the stage during his intro to Weed is Weed's set at SHoD Fest tonight. Gary said they are doing a couple of fests and a tour in Europe...

I'm going to have faith in this announcement but if it doesn't happen this time that's it for paying attention to anything anyone says in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 am 

Sherman's always the one announcing it, it's his claim to fame. Wino blames him for fucking it up each time, you can't mix addicts with someone clean like Wino. that's all it came down to then as it does now. but if Sherman's word is all I have to go by, so be it, I have faith. a guy can dream. I don't measure my american dream on the same standards as everyone else. rumors. get over it, get used to it, whatever, enjoy it, I'm just laughing all the way to the bank. I don't care who knows. I'm the only one to know. gotta let this one fly, let it all hang out. spirit caravan is the best band there is, not every song is perfect, but damn if a lot are, it's overwhelming. look at them hicks. that's fucking on.

haha, I just paid for jug fulla sun again, out of print and waited for the price to come down from $120, go ahead and try to steal it off me again, not going to happen. it's my favorite cd ever, and I'm conditioned to unlock it's full listening pleasure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 am 

maybe I'll get a spirit caravan reunion to play my family reunion. I got like 45 first cousins, that there's, goddamn stalkers outside fighting for their lives, or should I say fucking for their insignificant lives. so mature. taking a stand. profess their love to the world, the west side where they don't belong. hot stuff coming through, dumber than fuck, ignored since day one. not sure what they were reading, but them lies add up don't they? I got girls in this town that aren't dumb, your age, and hotter, and you're about to get your ass kicked. and they're trusted. unlike you, you fucking freak. putting in my transfer, you're unprofessional, fuck dances in front of me like hey you want it? fuck you, you're dumb, don't know the first thing about anything, can't handle anything outside of your realm of thinking and now you're digging a slow hole to china. busted. retarded. you're calling the cops now to try to frame me and save face as they all try. you're a stalker. I never gave a fuck where you live, never even crossed my mind because I have a life. not everyone is as limited as you. retards. go to hell, you're bringing the whole fucking clan down with you and no one is going to care, silenced.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:11 pm 

Don is turning up the heat, baby. Don't get burned.

I got to hang with Sherm one time at Dinger's. Seemed like a good guy, but as mentioned before, he did go off about the guy in the Hidden Hand that he has some beef with. And that's about all I remember, because I was pretty fucked up.

Now I have to find my copy of Elusive Truth....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm 

he started the latest rumor the day after my jug fulla sun arrive in the mail a few months ago now? he likes my posts sometimes. but come on, a band called weed is weed? dumb.

one time I was listening to jug fulla sun while this chick was slobbin my knob like the entire disc, she just doesn't think much of herself, I didn't complain, but I told her I was getting numb so she digs her nails into me, hurts so bad. I'm not THAT numb. cunt. but she's cool, she gets whatever she wants, open her mouth and presto. gotta whip bitches in shape fast these days, not that year long bullshit then fuck it on to the next, no wasting time, I aint fucking around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 pm 

Finally: SPIRIT CARAVAN - EXCLUSIVE REUNION SHOWS AT BOTH DESERTFESTS

Here we are ! First headliner confirmed for both DESERTFEST LONDON & BERLIN is... SPIRIT CARAVAN, finally back after 12 years !!!

When The Obsessed folded in 1995 Scott "Wino" Weinrich moved from California to his native Maryland to create the band Shine. After a demo entitled "Powershine" and a 7" EP “Lost Sun Dance” release during 1997 Shine became SPIRIT CARAVAN as he was joined by bass player Dave Sherman and drummer Gary Isom.

A 7" single shared with Sixty Watt Shaman in 1999 was their first release together and several others followed : their first full-length album “Jug Fulla Sun” in 1999, a second EP intitled “Dreamwheel” later the same year, and after an extensive U.S. and European tour, their sophomore effort, “Elusive Truth” in 2001.

While SPIRIT CARAVAN's sound isn't drastically different from the aforementioned The Obsessed, who welded the foot-stomping organic qualities of Grand Funk Railroad with no-frills American roots punk like The Dictators, all the while observing Black Sabbath, SPIRIT CARAVAN injected a healthy dose of cryptic psychedelia to their mix. Scott "Wino" Weinrich's guitar tone evinces the slow burning wisdom derived from many decades of hard living and touring in the underground music community.

The band received a lot of praise from the doom/stoner community but, unfortunately, SPIRIT CARAVAN split-up in May 2002... But as he showed many times in the past, Wino is like a phoenix ! And now it's time for SPIRIT CARAVAN to be reborn !!

Let´s celebrate SPIRIT CARAVAN´s EXCLUSIVE Reunion shows at DESERTFEST LONDON & BERLIN !!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:31 am 

It's good to have this finally announced. Wonderful also to have them back regardless of whether it's just for those two shows or more.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 114 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next